Los Angeles, California
|Phone:||(866) 521-VISA (Toll Free)|
La abogada habla espanol.
Esmeralda Alfaro received her Bachelor of Arts degree with an emphasis in business from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). She obtained her Juris Doctor from University of California Hastings College of the Law.
Ms. Alfaro began her legal career as an immigration attorney with the Law Offices of Diana M. Bailey and later became a partner in the firm Bailey & Alfaro, Immigration Attorneys.
Ms. Alfaro practices only immigration law and has litigated in many areas of immigration law such as cancellation of removal, immigration waivers, asylum, withholding of removal, the Convention Against Torture, derived citizenship and appeals. She also assists clients with criminal matters.
Ms. Alfaro has been admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of California, the United States District Court for the Central District of California, the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals and the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. She is currently a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, and the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Areas of Practice
- Immigration and Naturalization Law
- Family-Based Immigration
- Adjustments of Status
- Green Cards/Permanent Residency
- U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization
- Asylum, Temporary Protected Status and NACARA Petitions
- VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) Petitions
- Convention Against Torture
- Deportation Defense and Cancellation of Removal
- Immigration Waivers
- Help with the Immigration Consequences of Criminal Convictions
- Immigration Appeals
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California,
- University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelors of Arts
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
Past Employment Positions
- Bailey & Alfaro, Immigration Attorneys, Partner
- Law Offices of Diana M. Bailey, Immigration Attorney
Pro Bono Activities
- Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), 2003 - Present